Age Bosma wrote:
> I'm converting, or at least trying, one XML file to another XML format
> using XSLT parsing it with PHP.
>
> I'm using a lot of characters in the following style "& #34;", "& #42;",
> etc. (without the space, added now the prevent any conversion in this
> e-mail) in the XML file and I would like to keep it that way. PHP is
> converting every string like these to e.g. "&qout;" or "*". What can be
> done to prevent this conversion?
>
> As far as I understand this is default behaviour of the parser and can
> not be prevented. Personally I consider this a bug because what if I
> just want to use "& #34;" (without the space) as a normal string value?
> The parser shouldn't touch it at all.
>
> Can someone enlighten me a bit more on this one? :-)

I avoid XML as much as possible, as the biggest bugaboo since Y2K, but,
worst-case scenario.

You should be able to do a http://php.net/str_replace in some judicious
place to un-do the places where the XML parser messed up...

Of course, if you've got & quot; in there in some places, and you want
THAT left alone, you're in trouble...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm