Hi,

I need to get the LDAP groups a user is member of (memberof). The problem is
that there are multiple levels of groups, and I need to get all levels.
example
userA is member of group A B and C
group A is member of (included in) group D

If I make a simple query on the LDAP server to fetch the memberof of userA, it
returns A, B and C.
I need to get also D because group A is in group D

In PHP I use the statement :
$list = ldap_search($conn, "$userdn,$basedn", "samaccountname=$name",
array('memberof')); //samaccountname is the Windows login name

I make a ldap_search() but I also tried with ldap_list() and ldap_read()
without change

I used the options
ldap_set_option($conn, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);
ldap_set_option($conn, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3); //active Directory on
2003 server

Is there a parameter I could add to PHP so as to get the parent groups?
What is the LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS option ???

Thank you,
Vincent