Tomar Rajeev (ext) wrote:
> I am a new member of this group and in the world of PHP....;-)
>
> In my company, around 12 web pages are there. So, I want to make a web
> portal in PHP from where all these web pages can be accessed.
>
> Also, I want to provide the link for the web pages ( will make three
> categories) in three horizontal dynamic menu.
>
> If some user clicks on the link then the corresponding web page should be
> shown in the same web page just below the dynamic menu.
>
> It will be great if you could help me in finding the source code of this
> type of web page in PHP.

Sounds to me like a pretty basic "Links" page management.

Search http://phpclasses.org for "Links Page Management" or similar terms,
and something should come up.

You'll need to figure out the Dynamic Menus somewhere else, as that's done
with DHTML/XHTML or somesuch.  I never bothered to find out since IT WON'T
WORK ON SOME BROWSERS (like mine).

And as far as having the page show up below the links, you could use
http://php.net/readfile or HTML FRAMESET/FRAME tags.  If you use
FRAMESET/FRAME tags, the "how" part is pretty much not involving PHP at
all, and MANY PEOPLE HATE FRAME PAGES (like me) so will run away from your
site.

If you use http://php.net/readfile, however, all the "relative" links
inside of the page you are displaying are going to be broken, unless you
use something like http://php.net/file to read the HTML, then parse it
with a regular expression http://php.net/pcre to find all "relative" URLs
and change them to "absolute" by prepending the base URL of the page you
are serving up.

It would probably be a whole lot easier, really, to just link to the other
page, and let the user *go* there, instead of trying to keep them on your
little portal.  If they want to come back to your portal, they will.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm