On Saturday 04 December 2004 15:36, Dustin Krysak wrote:
> Hi there, I have some code where I am using the $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']
> array to reference my script for a form action... now for some reason
> the file name is not being rendered out. I am including only small
> snippets of my code to see where my error is...

I know this is not your actual code, but did you actually run this? I can't
see any errors in it and it should work fine if you're using a recent version
of PHP.

> <?php
>
> $editFormAction = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

What does print_r($_SERVER) show?
What does print $editFormAction show?

> print "<form action=\"".$editFormAction."\" method=\"post\"
> name=\"ml_form\" id=\"ml_form\">\n";

As you're not placing variables inside your print statement you might as well
use single-quotes:

print '<form action="'.$editFormAction.'" method="post"
name="ml_form" id="ml_form">'."\n";

This does away with all the backslashes (which gives me a headache).

But if you're going to be using double-quotes then there's no reason to break
out of it:

> print "<form action=\"".$editFormAction."\" method=\"post\"

/*
BOFH Excuse #235:

The new frame relay network hasn't bedded down the software loop transmitter
yet.
*/