On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 05:52 +0800, Jason Wong wrote:
> On Friday 10 December 2004 04:52, Danny Brow wrote:
>
> OK, you never said what your problem was except to say "everything works but
> the str_replace item_pics1."
>
> Did you check $GLOBALS['errors'] after calling this function?
No but I'm doing that now. I'm also reading the manual on $GLOBALS right
again, this must have been something I missed the first time reading it.

> > function html_template() {
> >     global $item_pics1;
> >     if (file_exists('item.html')) {
>
> Is this file supposed to be same as the one below?
>
> >         $item_file_name = $GLOBALS['root_dir'] . "/" . $GLOBALS['dir'] .
> > "/item.html";

no, this is what the original item.html becomes.

In my program $GLOBALS['root_dir'] is the root directory of the program,
$GLOBALS['dir'] is created based on the current item number,
like /var/www/htdocs/items_for_sale/item1

Thanks,
dan.