Francis Mak wrote:
>> What happens in your application if you just do:
>>
>> mysql_query("SET CHARACTER SET utf8", $connection) or
>> die(mysql_error());
>>
>> right after you connect to the database?
>
> Thank you, by adding mysql_query("SET CHARACTER SET utf8", $connection),
> it
> works now.  However, I am still confused on some issue:
>
> 1. Is it possible to set the PHP mysql client to use utf8 as default?  In
> this way, I do not need to modify all of my applications.

No idea.

But you could move this query to right after the mysql_connect() line in
your applicationsk, which should really be a very limited number of
places.

> 2. Why mysqli + 4.1.x is recommended?

I haven't the foggiest idea on this one.  Hell, I don't even know what
mysqli *IS* for that matter...

I'm getting old and can't keep up with these whippersnapper PHP Developers
any more :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm