>>Yeah, with any luck at all, your binary file will corrupt itself, and
>> then
>>make your entire database unreadable by anybody, even you.
> really? Then my companies database should be corrupt by now...right?

> Haven't
> had any problems yet. Well, its only been running for 2 years now.

Search the archives.  There are known instances of what I described
happening.

I'm not claiming it's common.

It's *more* common than a single corrupt file in the file system trashing
the entire file system, taking all your data with it.

What exactly does storing the binary file in SQL get you?

Does your SQL search through the binary data doing a face-recognition
match in some customer MySQL library code to find criminals by facial
features?

[shrug]

--
Like Music?