It would be nice if you submit code that generates the error.

/Peter

"Mike Francis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skrev i meddelandet
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hi,
I have Apache 2, PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1 installed on an XP pro box.

I have created a new database 'ijdb' with a single table 'joke' and have
entered data into two of the three fields in the table.

I can access the database / tables / data from a command prompt.

However, when I try to connect through WAMP I either receive a 'Unable to
connect to the
database server at this time.' error message - which is my default error
message, or, I receive a blank window in IE / Mozilla / Opera etc and no
error messages.

I have tried removing the @ from the file and this has no effect -
interesting?!
The error logs do not reveal anything that indicates a missing table /
field.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas ?

Cheers,
Mike