Peter Lauri wrote:
> Best groupmember,
>
> Why should I choose PHP instead of JSP/Servlets when it comes to develop a
> high-traffic site. Assume that the infrastructure for both are set up. It
> only comes to efficiency (both coding and running)? What are your
> experience?

I believe PHP and JSP are on par with regards to performance in terms of
spewing out pages quickly.

I'm sure there are counter-examples every which way for specific
algorithms or specific functions on a very microscopic level where PHP or
JSP clearly "wins" a performance race, but in general, they should be on
par.

I think JSP is a little more resource-intensive by nature, though it
depends how much OOP you use in PHP (I use none).

PHP will probably be easier to code, and more easily maintained, which is
the real "win" in my book.  YMMV.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm