To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 10:36 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] PHP and Post Data

That works on a normal webserver yes.

However, I am programming my own, and I have the Posted Data stored in the memory of the webserver, and when i execute the PHP.exe i need to tell it what the PostData is somehow.

- Shane

John Nichel wrote:

Shane Mc Cormack wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to integrate PHP Support into a basic webserver i am creating for personal use (Windows). However i've run into a problem.

I've got the _GET vars working, (using the QUERY_STRING Environment Variable), yet i can't figure out how to get the _POST vars set.

my webserver has the POST data stored in a variable, i jsut need to know how to tell PHP the post data.

On the webserver GET support works perfectly, as does POST support, all i need to do is tell PHP what the data is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure I follow quite what you're asking, but if you have a form like this...

<form action="myform.php" method="post">
<input type="text" name="foo" />
<input type="hidden" name="bar" value="bob" />
<input type="submit" />
</form>

Once you submit the form (to myform.php), the data posted from the form will be available in the $_POST super global array...

$_POST['foo']
$_POST['bar']

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.external.php