> Jason Wong wrote:
>
>> On Friday 24 December 2004 11:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> > I have ever try to use $_POST functon, but fail...
>>
>> HOW did it fail? Please be specific.
>
> The result of $_POST['vars'] is blank !
>
>> > May be I need to check the config of php (� ini file ) again , and I
>> want
>> > to know which setting must be enable and which setting must be disable
>> ?
>>
>> $_POST is only available from version 4.1.0 of PHP onwards, and is
>> enabled by
>> default. If you're using any version older than that you *really* ought
>> upgrade. All this and more are in the link that you had been given, read
>> it.
>
> There is two servers for the test, one is using Fedora Core 2 Linux ( come
> with
> php 4.x.x ), another is using W2k + php 5.xx !
>
> So, I think may be the problem of php config...
> But I don't know how to fix the problem ( setting of php config ) !
>
> Edward.

There's nothing in the php.ini file that would cause $_POST to not work
unless you did something yourself. $_POST is a superglobal var. It's
always available to all pages.

Is php even working for you?

If you just create a test.php with simply:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

does anything show up in the web browser?

--
--Matthew Sims
--<http://killermookie.org>