On 6 Jan 2005 03:02:10 -0000, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

* Kimmo Alm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 5 Jan 2005 17:28:42 -0000, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> * Kimmo Alm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > I've been looking for some PHP cache software for a while now, and
> > I just can't seem to find one suitable for my setup.
> >
> > I run PHP 5.x on FreeBSD 4.x with Apache 2.x. I don't particularly fancy
> > the Linux compability, but rather would prefer a native solution.
> >
> > It must be free (no charge)...
>
> http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/Home

I was happy when you showed me that link, as I had managed to not find
that particular accelerator software.

However, that ALSO doesn't seem to support PHP 5 and says nothing about
FreeBSD.

I don't mean to be rude, but how deep did you dig into that site?

It *does* support PHP5, as of 0.9.1. It was for that reason that it came
into being -- it forked off of Turckk mmcache because no progress was
being made on PHP5 compatability.

Also -- of the two items in the FAQ, one *specifically* addresses
compiling for FreeBSD.

Hmm... I'm very sorry if this is the case, which it probably is.

I looked through the entire site (all I could find), and even downloaded the latest package and read the README.

Quote: "Requirements
apache 1.3, mod_php 4.1, autoconf, automake, libtool, m4"

This is where I stopped reading. Perhaps it was a stupid thing to do.

Thanks again for the tip. Since you're most likely right, I'll dig in further into the docs.

But on my side, the requirements aren't exactly clear in any way...