Jones, Douglas 1 wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a filter that can take data to be wrapped
> in XML tags and filter this data encoding any illegal XML characters or,
> if they cannot be encoded, remove them.  The problem I have is a database
> that contains text that must be wrapped in XML.  Some of this text has
> illegal characters in it (probably copied from MS Word).  Some of the
> characters that keep popping up are not very frequently used, so I'm
> hoping whatever filters get suggested, they can simply strip out these
> characters if they cannot encode them.

In the user-contributed section of the PHP manual, under htmlentities, I
think, there is a nice chunk of code that tells you how to replace all
those stupid non-ASCII Microsuck Word characters with the HTML equivalent
that will be closest to what it was in Word.

Very very nice.

It might not be in htmlentities, though -- You'll have to dig around for
it...

If I could just remember which project I pasted that into, I'd just post
it again :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm