http://eaccelerator.sourceforge.net/Home

Go there, you'll find more about it. In short, Zend hired the lead programmer of MMCache and the project eventually died off. Other people picked it up and developed patches to update it. I believe eAccelerator is the most advanced and stable for me in PHP 5. I'm running it and it's been good to me. Although I recommend taking the optimizer off. Anyway, hope it helped.

Adrian Madrid