Luke Barker wrote:
Hi,

This maybe a PHP problem, but is associated with Apache too - so my
apologies if it is slightly off topic. My web hosts use a CGI wrap
version of PHP 4.3.10

I have made a 404 custom error handler, using .htaccess in a directory
- it is usppoed to route all unfound pages to error.php, and works as
expected for .htm and .html pages as well as gifs etc. But ofr .php
scripts, e.g /path/to/wrongurl.php it doesnt show my page -
instead it shows No Input file specified.. After some Googling I have
only found people witht eh similar problem without solutions.

Can any one help me on this? I should say that in IE it just gets the
default 404 ( I think this is windows own one responding to the
particular http response header) - in firefox you get the 'No input ' error

thanks for any advice

Luke

Much like this thread: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=110538584700004&r=1&w=2

I suppose the reason is the same, apache handles the request to php w/out checking if the file exists. Maybe you can solve it with auto_prepend script