I'm trying to write an object oriented system for saving my uploaded files to a blog.

I am using php to resize the original photos and save a thumbnail .

When I get all done, I want to do something like this:

       $tempImageData = imagejpeg( $imageResource, '', 75 );
       $outputHandler -> save ( $tempImageData );

Where the $outputHandler is an object that knows how/where to save the file.
However, I've noticed that imagejpeg() only returns a number 1.

This worked on my previous server, but I'm guessing my new server has a newer version of php.

What am I doing wrong? How can i pass the raw jpeg data to a function?