well, since it's the openSSL library that's gathering it, that means ou can't control it with PHP itself. If you want to somehow change that process, either modify the library, or (if it's changable via the PHP extension,) modify the PHP extension for openSSL. Point is, there isn't (AFAIK/AFAICS) no way to do it VIA php.

Vladas Shukevichus wrote:
I understand it. That's why I am asking how to make my scripts run not 1 second (totally unacceptable), but 0.001 second. May be it's possible to make it work faster? May be it can gather entropy only once (not every time script executes).
In the same script OpenSSL gather entropy only at first function call,
then it can execute other functions very fast, so why can't it perform this process once not per script execution, but per hours, or let's say once per PHP libraries load in memory? If it can use the same entrophy for many functions, why it need to gather it every time when script run?
18.01.2005 17:24:28