Terje Slettebų wrote:

I certainly know that a number of bugs I've encountered could have been found with type hints for built-in types, so I think it would be useful. The question, of course, is whether most PHP developers don't think so. Also, we don't have any experience with it in PHP.

Personally I like PHP(5) the way it is now - rather than keep adding new functionality I would rather welcome bew/better documentation (not a dig at the dev or the docteam - I know that there are difficult issues AND that writing docs is a, hard and b, often is thankless task!) on SPL etc

and I do wish they had left the 'bug' in that allowed syntax like:

function (MyClass $var = null)
{

but they didn't so I changed my code - basically I don't always agree with what the dev decide to do with the tool I use most to earn money BUT:

1. these guys are all better 'hackers' than me.
2. they hand out their work from free.
3. life is a box of choloclates... and God doesn't give a **** as to whether I like the cherry fillings or not :-)

rgds,
Jochem.