On Wednesday 26 January 2005 07:27, Greg Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 06:54:32 +0800, Jason Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Anyway who decides what is a newbie question? I don't think a newbie
> > would be in a position to ascertain whether their question is considered
> > newbie.
>
> My definition of a PHP newbie would be a person who is just starting
> to learn PHP.  I don't think 'newbie' status has anything to do with
> the actual difficulty in producing a correct answers to their
> questions.

So if I understand you correctly -- for all practical purposes the 'content'
of the 'newbie' list and the regular list are the same, except that the
people asking the questions on the 'newbie' list are people who have just
started using PHP? Quite simply -- what's the point?

IMO there are no difference between 'newbie' questions and 'non-newbie'
questions. Most questions that people deem as 'newbie' are in fact FAQs. It
is far better to tell them to RTFM, STFA, STFW etc than to shove them off on
a 'newbie' list and forget about them(!).