Hello,

on 01/28/2005 12:09 AM David Edwards said the following:
I have a fairly simple script written that uses the mail() function on a client site hosted at Interland. I have used a similar script quite a few times before with no problem. However although the script generates no errors, no emails appear at their intended destination. Interland support has not been that helpful and they did suggest I try the '-f' option in the header. That did not work either. Has anyone seen this before, I am running out of ideas. The mail portion of the script is below:

$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n";
$headers .= "X-Priority: 1\n";
$headers .= "X-MSMail-Priority: High\n";
$headers .= "X-Mailer: php\n";
$headers .= "From: $emailfrom\n";

$mailsent = mail($emailto, $subject, $msg, $headers,"-f" . $emailfrom);

The headers seem to be fine, except maybe for those priority headers that are useless and may be the cause of some spam filters understand it as a pattern of spam.

Other than that, you are not telling what exactly you are putting in the $emailto, $subject and $msg, and there you may because commiting a fault that may cause that your message be discarded. Without telling what you are putting there, it is hard to help further.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/