Leif Gregory  wrote / napísal (a):

Hello SargeTron,

S> rand() only returns an int (number), but I would like something
S> like dd75$6*, you know, containing any character. I would like it
S> only to do a certain string ONCE, so there are no duplicates (in a
S> for loop). Hopefully I won't need to do a huge array. Any
S> suggestions?

Take a look at this random e-mail address generator (hasn't everyone
written one of these? <grin>) that I wrote a bit back.

You should be able to see how to do exactly what you want from it.

http://www.devtek.org/software/randmail/index.php

$upperLowerNumber = rand(1,10); controls the so called seed for the
script because I placed constraints on how often uppercase and numbers
could appear.

Cheers,
Leif Gregory

whatabout uniqid()?