Hi,

I tried mysql_connect() function, and it won't reture FALSE if
connection failed. Instead, the script times out after 30 seconds and
displays an Fatal error message "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds
exceeded". For example:

mysql_connect(' ',' '); returns TRUE because mysql logs in the user as
guest. But mysql_connect('servername','username','wrongpassword');
does not return FALSE. Instead, the script continues until it times
out. Does anyone know if this is a known bug, or can this be fixed by
changing a diretive/setting that I don't know about?

thanks,

Tom

P.S., I am using PHP 4.3.10, Apache 2.0.52(win 32), MSIE 6.0, Mysql
4.0.23-nt, Windows NT 5.1 (XP)