Jason Wong wrote:
On Sunday 06 February 2005 07:27, John Nichel wrote:

Hey, I'm running a box which hosts quite a few virtual hosts, and I
want to configure it to where all vhosts have access to a global
include directory (for things like PEAR and Smarty), as well as access
to a local include directory for each virtual host.  My current config
has me setting paths like this inside of each vhost directive in
Apache....

php_value include_path ".:/path/to/global:/path/to/local"

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows of a way to set the global path
in one location, and 'append' the local path in the vhosts directive.

One method (not sure whether it's the best or most efficient) is to use an auto_prepend_file to set the local component(s) of the path.

Yeah, I was thinking about that route, but just as I was reading your response, I thought up a new 'problem' for myself. Even if I set it in the httpd.conf, a .htaccess, or in a file that I auto_prepend, if the end user on one of the vhosts uses the ini_set(), it will be overwritten. I could turn off the ability for users to set a local include path, but I'd like to give them as much *freedom* as possible. It's not an issue at the moment, since I'm the only one who does any php code on the box (I have a 'designer' who helps me out from time to time, but he doesn't mess with any PHP), but sooner or later, I'm probably going to pick up a customer who wants to handle his/her own code. I guess if I'm feeling really brave, I could brush up on my C code, and modify the source so that ini_set() will append, and not overwrite the include path.

--
By-Tor.com
...it's all about the Rush