Well, first off all, what I'm taking about has nothing to do with COM object.
tags.

All you need to do is put this on top of your page,
that is, before you send anyting to the client.
header("Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-word");

Now the client knows that the data will be a word document. (built in HTML
but we don't care)
IE will open word if it is on the client pc, netscape will open a download
box of a word
document.

I beleive you could built a more sophiticated solution using COM, but
this as always work fine for me and my user's, especially since I hate
word so much :)

py

+ Pierre-Yves Lem@ire
+ E-MedHosting.com