dan wrote:

Chris wrote:

Hi, I've been trying to get these 2 compiled together for a while, and have had no luck.

WHere my problem lies, I think, is that I'm not sure what directory should be specified on the --with-mysql part

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql/ --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config

I have my own compiled Apache (It is Apache 2) , and MySQL 4.1.9 installed (the packages off mysql.com). The PHP documentation jsut says point it to the install dir. I'm nto sure what counts as the install dir for the MySQL packages.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Below is a snippet of some of the error I'm getting I'm actually getting ALOT more, they all seem to be "First defined here" errors.

Thanks,
Chris

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(vio.o)(.text+0x40): first defined here
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(vio.o)(.text+0xc0): In function `vio_delete':
: multiple definition of `vio_delete'

>snip<

I had in my mind that they could not be used together, and I began to wonder why again, as I had since forgotten. When I try to use "--with-mysql --with-mysqli", I get the following:
checking for MSSQL support via FreeTDS... no
checking for MySQL support... yes
checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... no
checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... /tmp/mysql.sock
checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient... (cached) yes
checking for MySQLi support... yes
checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support... no
configure: error: --with-mysql (using bundled libs) can not be used together with --with-mysqli.

So I guess that might help you out. The only other thing I can think of is if you have two different mysql-devel or mysql library packages installed.

Hope that helps
-dant

Thanks, but the documentation (PHP) does say that both can be compiled in at the same time, they just need to be compiled against the same version.

I actually got this to work on a different install, one in which the MySQL wasn't the package, and jsut had a single isntallation directory. On that one I used --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config

Chris