To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <php-general@lists.php.net>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Crontab for Windows

bob wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to schedule the running of some PHP scripts on my Win2K PC at home.

On my live server I use Linux, so am fully familiar with Crontab. I am not that familiar with running scripts using the scheduler in Win2K though.

So far what I have is:

C:\php\php.exe -q c:\path\to\php\file.php

what happens if you quote everything?:

"C:\php\php.exe" "-q" "c:\path\to\php\file.php"

But this doesn't seem to do anything..the task manager in the windows scheduler just keeps saying that the task has not been run.

Any suggestions?

Also, one thing I would like my script to do is to send out an email, but I don't have a mail server set up on my home PC..is there anyway to run a script from a server on a different machine, using Windows scheduler, and if so, what form would the 'path' to the file/server take?

Many thanks
Alexis