From: b1nary Developement Team [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:40 PM
To: David Freedman; php
Subject: Re: [PHP] [NEWBIE] Cant get $_POST to work

What's up David... This script *should* work... I don't see any errors, but try this anyways. In your change your print command to this:

    print("Hello, " . $name . "!  You are " . $age . " years old!");

What those periods do is simply append them to each other, so in this case, you have the string, then you're appending the variable, then appending another string, then another variable, then the last string. Instead of having it all bunched up.

David Freedman wrote:

I have this simple form file:
<head>
</head>
<form action="test.php" method="post">
Name: <input type="text" name="name" value="your name" /><br/>
Which passes (I wish!) data to this script:

<?php
$name = $_POST['name'] ;
$age = $_POST['age'] ;
print("Hello, $name! You are $age years old!");
?>

It does not work unless I turn register_globals ON in the php.ini file. The php documentation leads me to believe this script SHOULD work with register_globals
OFF.

This a NEW instasllation of the Windows IIS Server also. Is there perhaps some configuration on the WINDOWS SERVER that must be set for general global data to be passed from a 'form' type page?

David F.