Bruno Santos wrote:
> I'm using 2 cookies to control some user environmente.
> every time the user logs in, the cookie is set, but when i try to change
> the value of that cookie,
> deleting it firts and then setting a new one with another value, when i
> print the value of that cookie
> the value is never the new one, but always the firts.

Keep in mind the interaction here:

PHP sends cookie to browser in HTTP interaction 1.
Browser returns cookie to PHP in the *next* HTTP request. (#2)

So the "play" is going like this:

Act I, Scene 1.
setcookie sends cookie to browser.
Act I, Scene 2.
browser sends cookie to PHP
PHP sends new value to browser.
You check the value of the cookie, and it's "still" the "old" value
[You have not yet gone beyond this step, but you should]
Act II, Scene 1.
browser sends "new" cookie value to PHP

So provide yourself with a link to a new page, and your new cookie value
will magically "appear"

In Act I, Scene 2, you can simply keep track of the cookie value within
your script, and trust the browser (mostly) to send it back in the next
scene.

> im setting the cookie with:
> setcookie ("cookie_name",cookie_value,time()+time-to-expiration);

For some versions of Micrsoft Internet Explorer, you *MUST* provide a path
if you provide a time-out.

Use '/' at the end of your setcookie after any timeout value.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm