> I know how to do popups with Javascript, but what I want is
> to use purely PHP.  Is there a way to spawn a browser window
> from a server-side action?

I'm afraid you'll have you use Javascript. The only way to make a new window
is to use window.open, or to have someone click a link with the target of
_blank.

So with window.open and window.close, I think you can accomplish all you'd
like to.

But if someone turns off java, none of it will work. So you'll probably want
to allow some other way of logging in. I know many places (game sites are
especially guilty of this) that require javascript just to login, even
though nothing in the site even uses javascript!

I really do hate that.

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...