On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 06:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi
> When uploading files using a type=file in a form, if a file is uploaded with
> a single quote the file gets truncated to whatever is after the quote
> eg.
> blah'sblah.txt
>
> will be uploaded as
> sblah.txt
>
> Is this a magic quotes issue?
>
> What is the best way to deal with it?

I ran into a similar deal with a textbox and " a while back but I think
the issue was sending it back to the browser after the browser sent it
up.

In the absence of direct help,  I would first look to see where the
truncation is occurring ie; what is the browser sending? can you post
the value and see what your browser is sending it as?  is there anything
in the logs with error_reporting set to E_ALL?

I found trouble shooting the upload process cumbersome since it would
fail without any messages but that was before I started setting the
error_reporting to also log messages.

Not much help but all I got.

Bret