From: David Freedman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 3:28 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] Difficulty with SQL LIKE clause

When I use this query in PHP it works, and I get all things with the
YEAR of
1977, as I expected.

$query= "SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE Year LIKE 1977 ";

But, when I use this query it does not work.

$query= "SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE Year LIKE 197* ";

I thought I should get the result of ALL things with the years in the
1970's
(1970-1979).  But the asterisk in the LIKE clause does not seem to work.
I have tried various syntax's to try to get the 197* recognized but
without
any luck.

Can the '*' be used? What am I doing wrong.

David F.