From: "M. Sokolewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] getting mac id
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:15:47 +0100

you can't get the mac-address from a remote (client) computer via PHP because PHP is server-sided (server). The mac-address isn't part of any sort of standard header the browser sends, thus the server will never see it. And if the server can't see it, then PHP can't see it either. The only way to get it would be to run a local script which would pick it up, and send it over. This however would require something like a JAVA applet / application. The mac address is usually hidden away quite well so people can't get it and start pretending to be someone else. Although the idea is good, it most likely will not be possible (relativly easily)

- tul

Lancer Emotion 16 wrote:

But think that not everbody has a computer in his house,especially in
3rd world countries. Here in Peru and in another countries from
Sudamerica,lot of people play this mmorpgs,like Knigths Online,WoW or
Mu,in lan houses. If you ban the pc, none of the users who will play
at this computer will be able to do it.