Hello,

on 02/26/2005 09:25 PM Dustin Krysak said the following:
Hi there, I have a script that uses the mail() function, but for some reason the script takes a really long time to finish processing (like 5 minutes). there are some other functions performed (like sql insert, etc) that happen immediately as they should. But the mail takes some time to finish processing. If I remove the mail function, the script finishes immediately. Any ideas? I have included my code below (used for the mail). ideas?

Usually this means that the destination server is trying to resolve your machine host name from the IP address and it is not possible because the DNS misses the respective PTR records. This may happen if you are sending messages from domestic (dial-up/ADSL/Cable) Internet account.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/