From: Tom Whitbread [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:18 PM
To: php-general lists
Subject: [PHP] Setting cookie on first visit

I am using a cookie to detect what skin a user wants to display. The
problem is if a user visits the site for the first time the cookie is
not being set. I am detecting if its being set or not with

if(!isset($_COOKIE['skin'])){ ... }

It's not setting the cookie untill a user refreshes the page once. How
can I ensure it's set when it hasnt been set before?