I try to download a file wit follow code:

   $len = filesize($file);
   $filename = basename($file);
   header("Pragma: public");
   header("Expires: 0");
   header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
   header("Cache-Control: public");
   header("Content-Description: File Transfer");
   header("Content-Type: $ctype");
   $header="Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".$filename.";";
   header($header );
   header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary");
   header("Content-Length: ".$len);
   readfile($file);
   exit;

All works pretty well, the filename is correct, the Content Type and the file size.
When I try to open the downloaded file I see nothing.
The source file on the web server works great.

I played with Content-Transfer-Encoding and tried all values from the RFC

Any ideas?

thank you