On 3/2/2005 2:29 PM Richard Lynch wrote:
I've got some more information and I hope someone can help me figure out
the problem. I changed my original PHP program so that the form action
script is a different script. In that file, I just do a var_dump on
$_POST and $_SERVER.

When I do that, it looks like all of the data comes through correctly.

On the other hand, when the form action script is the *same* script that
contains the form, when I do the same var_dumps, the data does *not*
have any $_POST data. Also, the _SERVER[REQUEST_METHOD] is "GET", not
"POST" in this instance.

So it appears that my problem is that when I post to the same script I
am running, things don't work. I still have no idea why this would be
the case. Does anyone have any ideas?

Whoops!

You're *not* the mini_httpd guy, are you?
Sorry, crossed my threads.

No, "I'm the Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at john.swartzentruber.us Port 80" guy.

Start digging into httpd.conf and look real careful at any changes
involving POST/GET and METHOD etc.  'diff' your httpd.conf with the one
that ships out with the software. (See "man diff")

I've done this and don't see anything. I'm not positive I have the original httpd.conf file to compare against, but I have one saved in a backup directory that is named httpd.conf.rpmnew, so I think it is either original or from an RPM update.

My differences are:

1. additional files in DirectoryIndex
2. HostnameLookups is On
3. the /server-status and /server-info sections are uncommented (but only accessible from my internal network)
4. Added virtual hosting stuff

I looked at all instances of GET and POST, and only see a section that is commented out in both copies of httpd.conf.

Here is my VirtualHost for the thing I am testing (I X'd out some stuff):

<VirtualHost 66.92.XXXX.XX:80 10.X.0.3:80>
    ServerName john.swartzentruber.us
    ServerAdmin webmasXXXXXXXtzentruber.us
    DocumentRoot "/var/www/vhosts/swartzentruber.us/john/html"

    <Directory "/var/www/vhosts/swartzentruber.us/john/html">
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Is there anything funny there that would cause a problem?