rory walsh <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:26 PM said:

> The problem there is that I have to test if the user has logged on so
> I need to include the if statement? Can the session_start not be
> called from within an if statement? Does it really have to be the
> very first thing in the script, if so I imagine that this means a
> single script cannot be used to manage a complete website?

No session_start(); can go anywhere. It's just that it appears that your
logic is setup in such a way that session_start(); is not being called
when you need it be. By putting it before everything else you can avoid
this.

And as well, is there a reason you wouldn't want to just start the
session at the beginning of the page? I mean, why wait till the user has
submitted the form to start the session?

Chris.