Shaun wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to create an XML file, it will be done in stages so if the file isn't present I will add the line:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <root_element>

Then for each line I add I add the following

        <child_element>data<child_element>

But for various reasons the application won't know when the file is complete so it won't have the final:

    </root_element>

To solve this I intend to add the following each time

        <child_element>data<child_element>
    </root_element>

Any reason you aren't using the DOMXML functions, or other similar functionality for XML creating/parsing?