Well after looking at the file I just downloaded...the specification of RTF
is 164 pages long.

Good lord...*chokes an all the information*

Ever considered just forcing the people to learn HTML instead? *smile*

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...

""Plutarck"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9b4e3u$eoj$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9b4e3u$eoj$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Jackpot! Cha-ching!
>
> That site triggered my memory!
>
> I remember downloading a program from some obscure site which was suppose
> be able to view a huge amount of files which are most often used in games.
> wanted to see the art :)
>
> Anyhoo, it reminded me of another site which is linked on that website,
> which is:
>
> http://www.wotsit.org/
>
> *dances*
>
> For the RTF:
>
> http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?page=3&s=text
>
> Oooo I'm soo happy...toys toys toys! So many wonderful bits and bytes to
> play with now...
>

> --
> Plutarck
> Should be working on something...
> ...but forgot what it was.
>

> "Dezider Góra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > Thinking about this, about a week ago, there was a discussion about
> parsing word
> > document. Just to dig the text from doc. It sounds interesting, and
since
> I have
> > in my crazy mind an idea, that I'd create a database of all documents
that
> were
> > ever created in our company and put them in to the database, I'd also
need
> > know what's in those docs. So I followed the given link and it seems to
be
> > pretty easy. Just install a program and pass it a document and it will
> parse the
> > text. The link is:
> > http://wvware.sourceforge.net/
> > Check out the site, may be you could find something similiar for rtf
> documents,
> > 'cause I think its format is much easier to "crack".
> >
> > hth
> >     Dezider.
> >
> > Plutarck wrote:
> >
> > > Ick...I'd say it's a good idea, but it's going to be a bi...tter fight
> with
> > > technology.
> > >
> > > First, you have to have some application do the loading/unloading. PHP
> can't
> > > do that, of course.
> > >
> > > But, you could use some form of java...but you'd have to get fancy. Or
> you
> > > could just use file upload in a form, which is easier.
> > >
> > > If you do that, you need only parse out the file.
> > >
> > > The best way to do that is pick a text format that does what you want
it
> > > do, and is universal across platforms. You don't even need to worry
> about
> > > the editor they use, as long as it's saved in the proper format.
> > >
> > > I reccomend you use either a word document, or perhaps Rich Text
Format