Hi,

I've built this little regular expression to test wether an e-mail address is valid or not:

if(eregi ("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", $email))
print ('valid email)
else
print ('Invalid email');

--

ok, now i want to use this in a filling form web page scenario.
I have this forms with its fields to be filled and when it gets to the e-mail address textbox, i want to check if the address is not well formed.

So i did (notice the "!" before the eregi):

if (!eregi ("[EMAIL PROTECTED]", $email))
{ send a warn to the user telling the e-mail address is not correct}

--

Well, if the first block of code works pretty good saying if an address is valid or invalid, the second one, when the data from the filled form is checked, always says the adress is invalid.

I thought the "!" would adapt the confition to its new scenario, but, well... as i've told you, it isn't.

Any ideas of how to solve this, i.e., being the regular expression (and it is), what do i have to do to get only the invalid adresses ?
In short, i only want to trap the invalid ones.

Any help would be apreciated.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito