Yup! That works just fine.
I took out all spaces after comma and it's ok now.

Thanks Jaime.

-afan

Jamie Alessio wrote:

I have table with products. In column categories are listed numbers of categories a product belongs, like:
1. 21,
2. 35, 8, 72, 1, 4,
3. 23, 11, 48,
4. 65,
5. 11,
6. 23,
7. ...
(somebody else created the table this way and I have to keep it for the moment)
Now, I have to list all products that belongs to category with cat. number, e.g. 11.

Afan,
If you're using MySQL check out the FIND_IN_SET() function. Since your category data is comma separated you should be able to do something like:

SELECT product
FROM products
WHERE
FIND_IN_SET('11', REPLACE (categories, ' ', '')) > 0

You need the extra REPLACE() call there to remove the spaces or else FIND_IN_SET() for your numbers won't work properly.

Details on the function at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/string-functions.html

- Jamie