Hello,

on 03/15/2005 03:05 AM Warren Vail said the following:
I could be wrong, but I believe that all the Java apps out there are not
native binary machine code either?  unless you count the JRE (Java Runtime
Environment).  Seems to me that is the way things are today, with JRE's all
having "run time configuration".  I would prefer to PHP to Java any day.

Have you checked out the Road Send compiler?  http://www.roadsend.com/  I
don't believe it produces pure native binary either, but I could be wrong
here as well.

It generates a binary that depends only on runtime library provided by Roadsend, which according to them does not use absolutely any code from the Zend engine.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.phpclasses.org/