"Richard Lynch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Does anyone know how to change the style of password boxes so when the
> > characters are entered an asterisk appears rather that a smal circle?
> >
> > Or is this just determed by the OS and uncangable with CSS or Javascript
> > of
> > PHP?
>
> They are certainly NOT changeable with PHP.
>
> I doubt that JavaScript holds the answer either.

I don't know much about JavaScript or VBScript, but I believe there is an
action called "OnKeyPress" or something to that effect. If that's there,
writing a function that accepts the key pressed and replace it with another
character, while the original pressed character is stored in a shadow array?
Like I said.. have no clue, if this is possible, but that is what I would
try....