John W. List wrote:
I have an unexpected and perplexing problem.
PHP's mail() function is base64 encoding all message bodies as an
ill-formed MIME attachment resulting in the recipient seeing an
uninteligable base64 encoded string. This only happens to my account
with my host and neither I or the sysadmin can see why as there are no
special configuration settings for me. The host is running PHP4.3.10.

Here's what is happening:
This code
<?php
mail ( "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "test script", "Foo!", "");

Try mail("[EMAIL PROTECTED]","test script","Foo!");

Don't send empty headers -- it might be causing the problem. Fwiw, I have never encountered this issue.