On Mar 20, 2005, at 4:15 PM, Chris Shiflett wrote:

Kurt Yoder wrote:
Is there any way to tell error_log to keep the newline characters? I am
outputting error messages to the error log so I can look at detailed
status information at the time of the error. However, if I put \n in the
error message, it is treated literally by error_log and I see "\n" in
the log message.

Try using double quotes instead of single quotes.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Heh... no, I was already using double quotes. I also tried using actual carriage returns in the string, that didn't work either.

Is error_log simply incapable of obeying carriage returns within the error string?

--

Kurt Yoder
http://yoderhome.com