[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
So if I could broaden the question and ask, in general, what people
recommend for pre-processing data before it goes into a SQL
statement.

For escaping, I recommend an escaping function specific to your database. These exist for most popular databases. As a last resort, you can escape with addslashes(), but only if your database doesn't have a native escaping function and also escapes things like single and double quotes with a backslash.

htmlentities()

This is an escaping function for HTML, not SQL. For HTML, I think it's the best. :-)

Hope that helps.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett