Hello marc,

Wednesday, March 30, 2005, 8:31:48 AM, you wrote:
m> I got a problem with mail function. I want to know if it's possible
m> to send a email in php and to get back an acknowledgement of
m> delivery. My problem is that i want to know if my emails are
m> delivered successfully to recipients.

About the only way to do that is to add a Return-Path header to the
e-mail so if it bounces the Return-Path address gets the bounce
message.

There is no way to do it more or less real-time because some SMTP
servers will try to send the message to the recipient for sometimes
five days before generating a bounce.

--
Leif (TB lists moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 3.0.9.9 Return (pre-beta) under Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 2 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB