Hello Jay,

JB> I try to use both types of quotes in the proper circumstance.
JB> Having said that, I came to computing in the age where we worried
JB> over CPU cycles, but I don't see how in this day and age the
JB> difference between the two would even matter. Even on a high load
JB> site the difference between the two would be negligible.

I agree it's going to be negligible, but even so the difference does
exist. The real question is which is faster between:

include "path/$file"

and

include 'path/' . $file

Can the compiler handle the in-line variables quicker than string
concatenation? It'll take a C guru who knows the PHP code well to
answer this fully.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov