> >I have not changed any of my hostname/username/password code
> in the last 6 months and I can still connect to
> mysql.timerescue.co.uk via the command line interface.
> >
> >Has anyone seen this before - any ideas at all - just
> started happening
> >today! :o(

Strange indeed.

I tried to connect first via the command line and it found your server and
threw me out with invalid login details, but when I tried entering your
servername into phpMyAdmin it couldn't resolve the hostname.  However, when
I replaced it with your server IP it returned to not liking my login
details.

Have there been any changes made to your DNS service of late? Or provider?

Mikey