both db's on the same host ?

I would try select * from second_db2.theothertable :)

On 02/04/2005, at 6:53 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:

HarryG wrote:
Hi,
I am connecting to two database in my index.php.
Here is how:
@ $db = mysql_connect("localhost", USERLOGIN, USERDBPASS);
if (!$db)
{ print "Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later."; exit; }
mysql_select_db(DATABASE);
@ $userdb = mysql_connect("localhost", USERLOGIN, USERDBPASS);
if (!$userdb)
{ print "Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later."; exit; }
mysql_select_db(USERDB);
$getaccount = "SELECT * FROM account WHERE visible=1"; //Account table is present in USERDB.
$result = mysql_query($getaccount);
$get = "SELECT * FROM useraccount"; //UserAccount table is present in DATABASE.
$result = mysql_query($get);
There is no problem with the connection. but I need to query tables in both databases. I know you need to use link identifiers, but have had no luck in getting it to work. Appreciate your help.

er, you are not actually using the link identifiers.... try like this:

@ $db = mysql_connect("localhost", USERLOGIN, USERDBPASS);
if (!$db) {
print "Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later."; exit; }
mysql_select_db(DATABASE, $db);
}

@ $userdb = mysql_connect("localhost", USERLOGIN, USERDBPASS);
if (!$userdb) {
print "Error: Could not connect to database. Please try again later."; exit; }
mysql_select_db(USERDB, $userdb);
}

$getaccount = "SELECT * FROM account WHERE visible=1"; //Account table is present in USERDB.
$result = mysql_query($getaccount, $userdb);

$get = "SELECT * FROM useraccount"; //UserAccount table is present in DATABASE.
$result = mysql_query($get, $db);

Thanks.
HarryG